The John Gorton Building (JGB) ‘service road’ bounded by the JGB, Parkes Place East and Dorothy Tangney Place will remain temporarily closed in part or in whole to enable next stage construction works associated with the JGB car park upgrade and building renovations.
5pm, Friday 23 December 2016 to 5pm, Friday 19 May 2017
- Eastbound and westbound lanes of the JGB service road.
During the closure the following temporary arrangements will apply:
- The JGB main entry for the Department of the Environment and Energy has been temporarily relocated and can be accessed from Dorothy Tangney Place.
- Alternate parking arrangements will apply in Dorothy Tangney Place, Parkes Place East and adjacent car parks as signposted.
- Restricted cycling access will apply to the JGB basement.
- No vehicular or pedestrian access to the JGB basement (via car park ramps) or loading dock will be available unless signposted otherwise.
- Alternate waste removal and delivery arrangements will apply.
- The northern area of the original JGB public car park will remain closed to accommodate ongoing construction works.
- Traffic and pedestrians will be directed around the works area with temporary signage.
Further information is available on the NCA website.