Does your event follow the criteria for a 'major event'? See Planning an Event
Is it of special significance and broad community interest?
Or will it be held over more than two days?
Then the above may be erected and displayed on approved structures in designated areas if:
- the signs/banners are erected and displayed for a specific period only
- the contents are not offensive
- they harmonise with the landscape and are in context
- they are not highly reflective
- the commercial wording or sponsorship acknowledgment occupies no more than 20% of the sign.
All requests are to be submitted on an NCA Application for Works Approval form
and must be accompanied by:
- a detailed map (showing the exact locations of each sign/banner)
- a diagram of the signs/banners showing their contents and design
- the physical dimensions of the signs/banners.
The signs, banners or flags are also subject to these conditions:
- they cannot be displayed on Anzac Parade, Adelaide Avenue (approaching the Prime Minister's Lodge) or Dunrossil Drive Yarralumla (approaching the Governor-General's residence)
- they cannot be displayed on the median strips of road reserves
- they cannot be displayed more than two weeks prior to the event
- directional signs are only displayed for the performance days of the event
- they are to be removed within 48 hours of the conclusion of the event
- signs are to be affixed using wooden stakes not steel pickets.
Requests to fly promotional banners and flags from the following flagpoles are to be directed to the ACT Government on: (02) 6207 5974. These also subject to an NCA Works Approval.
- London Circuit & Ainslie Avenue (north and south)
- Northbourne Avenue & London Circuit
- Northbourne Avenue & Alinga Street
- Kings Avenue (north & south)
- Commonwealth Avenue (north & south)
- Russell roundabout.
Promotional flags and banners cannot be flown from these flagpoles:
- Anzac Parade
- any of the war memorials (including Mount Pleasant, Veteran's Park and Kings Park)
- Federation Mall
- Field Marshal Sir Thomas Blamey Square
- the Canadian Flag Pole (Regatta Point)
- the International Flags Display